Come and see the real athletes in action! Experience the wonder of sled dogs as a team of joyous huskies show you the snowy and frost-laced trails in our beautiful home of Willow, Alaska. Warm up from your adventure with a cup of hot cocoa as you learn about the care and training these one of a kind canines receive in preparation for a 1,000 mile race; along with the deeply rooted connection the sled dog has within the state of Alaska.
- 3-5 mile dog sled ride with personal guide
- Viewing of the majestic Mt. Denali on clear day
- Photo opportunities on trail with lead dogs
- Behind the scenes mushing presentation
- Light refreshments provided
- Fun and adventure for all ages
$180/person (children 4 and under FREE)
NO SNOW? NO PROBLEM! Book our exclusive kennel tour as we wait for the snow to fall! Meet the four-legged athletes of SJK and get a behind the scenes look at the training and care they receive in preparation for a 1,000 mile race! Meet the mushers, and learn how to prepare and protect both dogs and humans for arctic winter travel. An experience for everyone!
**Looking for something a little more adventurous? Check out our Backcountry Dog Mush with overnight stay at remote Alaskan lake cabin. Details below!
BACK COUNTRY DOG MUSHING + OVERNIGHT AT REMOTE LAKE CABIN!
The ultimate dog mushing experience for the ultimate dog lovers and adventurers at heart! After receiving your morning mushing lesson, follow your guide on your own team of sled dogs as you mush 15 miles through the beautiful Alaskan landscapes to a remote lake where your wilderness oasis awaits! Spend the afternoon learning how to care for a team of dogs on the trail, ice fishing for lake pike, a winter-hike, or reading/relaxing in your warm rustic dry cabin. End the day by roasting marshmallows over fire, listening to the chorus of huskies howling to the moon and view the majestic Northern Lights on a clear-sky night!
- Private mushing lesson
- Privately guided 15 mile solo dog mush
- Overnight at cozy remote lake dry cabin
- Views of the incredible Talkeetna Mountain Range
- Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) viewing weather permitting
- Meals, snacks, and water provided
2 person maximum, 18+ yrs of age (large groups please inquire via email)